Finding the time to keep active can be challenging, especially when you throw work, family commitments and social gatherings into the mix. Let’s explore some practical tips to help you stay active while dealing with the daily grind.
1. Start with small steps
Begin by making small changes in your routine to gradually incorporate fitness;
- Take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Park your car a bit further from your workplace, allowing for a short walk.
- Walk or cycle instead of driving short distances.
- If you are working from home, why not try and fit in a lunchtime swim.
2. Prioritise exercise
To successfully incorporate fitness into your daily routine, it's essential to prioritise exercise;
- Schedule exercise into your day as a non-negotiable appointment.
- Sign up to our Elevate fitness programme as a way to keep you on track.
- Choose activities you enjoy, such as swimming, going to the gym or playing a sport.
- Find an exercise buddy or join a fitness class for added motivation and social interaction.
3. Make the most of your work day
Maximise your productivity at work while incorporating exercise in creative ways;
- Take short breaks every hour to stretch or do some quick exercises at your desk.
- Use a standing desk or a stability ball to engage your muscles while working.
- Go on walking meetings whenever possible, which combines productivity and physical activity.
4. Utilise Technology
Using technology can make it really easy for you to build fitness into your routine;
- Download the MyWellness app to help track your gym workouts and fitness goals.
- Try something new and enjoy one of our virtual fitness classes.
5. Find Leisure Activities You Love
Leisure time is precious, so why not make it both enjoyable and physically active?
- Engage in outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, or gardening.
- Participate in team sports or group fitness classes for a fun and social fitness experience.
- Explore hobbies that involve physical movement, such as dancing in one of our Zumba classes.