Step 1: GET STARTED: Let’s set your goals.
First, we’ll discuss your reasons for becoming a member, discuss your aspirations and set some goals. In just 45 minutes we’ll have everything we need to build your fitness plan.
(BOOK A GET STARTED SESSION)
What to expect from a GET STARTED session?
First, we’ll talk through your reasons for joining, discuss your aspirations and set some SMART goals. We’ll also identify any barriers you face ahead of a complementary health and fitness check; including some key body metrics that will enable us to track your progress throughout your journey.
What are SMART goals?
SMART goals help us identify what you want to achieve, and make sure they are attainable.
Here are some examples to help you think about yours ahead of the session.
• Specific: I want to lose body fat
• Measurable. I want to drop down two dress/trouser sizes
• Attainable. I’d like to lose half a stone in 6 weeks
• Relevant. I want to feel healthier, and walk-up hills without being out of breath
• Time Specific. I’d like to lose the weight before my daughter's wedding on 12th June 2023
Want some help identifying them? No problem.
Whether you are at the start of your journey, recovering from an injury or want to train for a special event we’ll identify when and how you can build health and fitness into your routine.
Building your plan.
At the end of the meeting, we’ll have everything we need to design your plan.
We’ll then book in a 45 minute Get Active session to run you through fitness plan and get you started.
In the meantime, we offer some advice on exercises you could do whilst we create your plan.
Top tips for Getting Started
To get the most of out the time we’d like you to think about the following:
1. What do you want to achieve from your membership?
2. How often do you think you can attend the leisure centre?
3. What type of exercises or activities are you interested in doing?