NEW! STAY ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP FOR 65+
We all know that as you get older it is incredibly important to keep physically active in order to keep healthy. Evidence shows that by taking part in regular exercise you have a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, depression and dementia. Taking part in activities based in a leisure centre also helps to widen your social connections and can improve confidence and wellbeing.
With this in mind, we have introduced a brand new Stay Active Membership designed for those aged 65 and over!
What does the membership include?
Our great value Stay Active membership includes:
- Unlimited access to 15 gyms, 10 swimming pools and over 450 fitness classes
- Classes to suit all tastes and fitness levels from aerobics to yoga to aquafit!
- Highly qualified and friendly instructors
- Cafes and libraries in many of our centres
- The option to pay on a monthly basis or as a one off annual fee
How much will it cost?
You can pay monthly or annually for a Stay Active membership
||Monthly direct debit
|Gym, classes and swimming
(Unlimited access at all our centres)
How do I join?
Sign up is easy and straightforward - you can join by either:
- Calling in to reception at any of our 15 Active Northumberland centres.
- Clicking HERE to join online
- Accessing our Active Northumberland app and clicking on the Join Online icon. You can find out further information about how to download our FREE app by clicking HERE.
Open events at your local centre
We are holding a series of Stay Active free open events at centres throughout October. Anyone aged 65+ is invited to come along. No need to book, just turn up!
Events include -
- A tour of the centre
- An opportunity to watch a class!
- A chance to chat to instructors and ask for fitness advice.
- Free tea/coffee/biscuits
- A voucher for a free class, gym session or swim.
Stay Active Open events:
Ashington Leisure Centre
Fri 13th Oct, 9.30am-10.30am
Fri 20th Oct, 10.30am-11.30am
Blyth Sports Centre
Weds 11th Oct,10.00am-11.00am
Mon 16th Oct, 10.00am-11.00am
Concordia Leisure Centre
Weds 11th Oct, 10.00am-12.00pm
Mon 16th Oct, 10.00am-12.00pm
Morpeth Riverside Centre
Mon 9th Oct,10.00am-12.00pm
Mon 16th Oct,10.00am-12.00pm
Newbiggin Sports Centre
Wed 11th Oct 10.00am-12.00pm
Ponteland Leisure Centre
Tues 10th Oct, 1.00pm-2.00pm
Fri 13th Oct, 11.00am-12.00pm
Tues 17th Oct, 1.00pm-2.00pm
Fri 20th Oct, 11.00am-12.00pm
Thurs 12th Oct, 9.15am-10.30am
Thurs 19th Oct, 9.15am-10.30am
Mon 9th Oct, 11.30am-12.30pm
Fri 20th Oct, 9.30am-10.30am
Wentworth Leisure Centre
Fri 13th Oct, 10.00am-12.00pm
Fri 20th Oct, 2.00pm-4.00pm
Willowburn Sports and Leisure Centre
Weds 11th Oct, 10.30am-11.30am
Fri 20th Oct, 12.00pm-1.00pm