Our pools are initially open for Lane Swimming across Northumberland, for those aged 14 years+ . Read the latest information on swimming at our pools here
- Ashington Leisure Centre
- Blyth Sports Centre
- Concordia Leisure Centre, Cramlington
- Riverside Leisure Centre, Morpeth
- Ponteland Leisure Centre
- Prudhoe Waterworld
- The Swan Centre, Berwick
- Wentworth Leisure Centre, Hexham
- Willowburn Sports & Leisure Centre, Alnwick
You will have to pre-book a lane on the Active Northumberland app. You will not be allowed into the centre if you have not pre-booked.
When you come for your pre-booked swim, arrive on time, in your swmming costume/trunks ready for your swim.
You may have to wait outside for a little while, but a member of our team will let you know when to come in.
Check in at the kiosk or at reception.
Use the hand sanitisers provided.
Remove your footwear before coming into the changing rooms and bring them in with you to put in a locker.
Cubicles and lockers have been numbered. Swimmers must use the same numbered cubicle and locker.
Once you've changed, please take a quick pre-swim shower.
Follow the directions to your pre-booked lane. There will be signs at the end of each lane.
Once in the water, to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable swim, please follow these guidelines -
- Always follow the directional arrows for lanes
- Avoid wide strokes like the butterfly
- Maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and other swimmers.
- Do not overtake.
- Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching. If there is, let them pass. Move to the edge of the lane and turn your head away to let them turn without stopping. The same applies if you need to stop for a rest or a drink.
- You can use personal equipment as long as it doesn’t affect social distancing.
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle so you can stay hydrated.
- After your swim, leave the pool promptly following the exit signs.
- You can take a quick shower after your swim.
- Please use the same cubicle to get changed.
As time goes on, we will review and adapt all these measures, so please keep an eye on the app and website for updates.
VIEW OUR RE-OPENING OUR SWIMMING POOLS VIDEO HERE