We are launching our new Weight Management Programme - "Momenta" in partnership with NCC Public Health to lose weight in a safe and sustainable way.
Unlike many other Weight Loss initiatives, Momenta has been developed by experts in the fields of pschologoy, nutrition and physiology to provide an evidence based behavioural intervention to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
How it works, the basics:
- Sign up to the scheme through your local GP and/or Health Practioner
- You will then be invited to an initial "Getting Started" session to introduce you to Momenta, meet our team, understand what's involved and set your initial weight loss goal
- Then, commit to our 12 week Momenta programme, attending a weekly 1 hour session in the classroom where you discuss and explore 12 key behaviours to help you on your weight loss journey.
- At each of your weekly sessions, you will be helped to set a personal SMART goal which you can work towards
- After each weekly session their is an optional group exercise session for you to take part in, this is not compulsory but certainly encourage everyone to join in as we all complete our weight management journey together.
- Finally, at the end of your programme we will signpost you to continue your behaviour change so you can continue to set and reach your goals.
Looking for more information?
We have prepared a short FAQ below to answer your questions, however please call Active Northumberland on 01670 620200 if there is anything we have missed.